A tropical home should...
- adapt and blend into its natural surroundings
- flow with the site
- use climate conditions to its advantage
- include large overhangs to protect the house from direct sun and rain
- use vegetation as part of the design, creating a peaceful atmosphere and using its shade to cool down the house
- plant vegetation that will feed local wildlife. Remember, they were here before we arrived
- adopt regenerative strategies to reduce its carbon footprint
- use passive methods to reduce energy consumption
- use as many local materials and labor as possible
- have low operating and maintenance costs
If you like the idea, get in touch. Surely we can work something out.